Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

You Can't Please Everyone...



Becoming an Adult is not as cool as everyone else makes it out to be. All sorts of decisions have to be made which invoke change. Some say change is good. Lets hope so. So the latest in the drama I call LIFE has led me to finalize plans for my union to the beautiful Mary Miranda Atkin. We have gone back and forth about a date to get married this summer with many considerations to make. I finally got off my horse and decided that "You can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself". I've spent too much time trying to make sure that I was doing the right thing and making the right plans and in so doing making sure that everyone is happy. Inevitably that need to makes others happy hits you and you realize that you are not happy, because you are too worried about how others think and feel. After many long, hard discussions with my wife to be, as well as my parents and my twin, (shown in the shirt and tie) Spencer. I decided: why wait? I figure that it will be just as much pressure and stress to wed in August as it will in June. Less stress in June thought, as I will have time to adjust to my new life and my new wife (first and only) and then get back in the ruts of school, come August. If you talk to my parents they would tell you that this is a huge ordeal, and yes I admit it has been because I have made it one. the fact is that after much meditation and pondering over this issue I have made my mind up and discussed it with my fiance. We have made our decision. Should any doubt remain in skeptics: I feel even better about marrying Mandy in June that I do in August, and that is the honest to goodness truth. And in then end that is all that matters. Plus, how could I wait to be with this beautiful girl any longer...?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm puzzled about a couple of things. 1st) I knew you were pretty smart, medium good in the mirror department, but how did you ever persuade anyone as pretty as that MMA to say yes; and 2d) which of the 100s of temples did you resrve? Hong Kong? London? Surely nothing as common as Salt Lake County. Oh. Wrong again.

2:09 PM  
Blogger theodoreable said...

Colin and Mandy, great news. You two should do what is right for you. You need to remember that in all that you do. I was told once by a friend that the now all the decisions in your life are now based on that one decision to get married. So Right On. As far as the wedding date...work like the dickens to get all done the week before so you can relax and enjoy the week leading up to the wedding. Remember always it is YOUR wedding...not your parents...friends...uncles/aunts or others. They have had theirs...will have theirs...or won't...but this one is YOURS!!!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - to you both!!!
We shall circle the date and await further details!!
June is a great month for a wedding. That's the one we chose 56 years ago!!!
JeanandBurr

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colin, I am pleased to see that you took my advice. she looks nice.... I really think she could make a great Knecht but we will settle for a Thomas. Welcome to the very crazy and loud but alsways loving family...
Aunt Cina
Hans: welcome to the family.
Emilie: a new cousin!!!!
Jojo: I don't want to ...... oh, Colin not me.... ok... good. Is he on the telephone... I hate the telephone....
Alexander: Wow and he is still in school..... do I have to also???

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Colin... Congrats! Marriage is great... sounds like Mandy is perfect for you. We wish you both a wonderful engagement.

Nick, Leah, Zack, Ella, and Mia Thomas

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Colin and Mandy! We are so happy for you guys! Just so you know, June is the PERFECT month to get married; then again, I'm biased (Marc and I got married on June 26th). You'll have a few months to be in complete heaven until the reality of life hits (in this case, school)! Good luck with all the wedding preparations!

Marc, Cami, Melissa & 1/3 Baby Madsen

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's the cute guy with the facial hair? I want him!!!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home