Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Reunion with Velma & Iggy

On August 20 I reunited with Velma & Ignacio Alverez, a family I taught as a missionary in Yuma, AZ. After almost 4 years of not seeing them I got a very surprising phone call from them and they said they had just moved to Idaho and would love to come to Salt Lake City and visit. I was ecstatic! So we planned a weekend for them to come. It was great to see them and their growing family. I got to see Vanessa and Alexa (Iggy's daughters) as well as their three year old Gina and baby Giovanni. Iggy's mom came along for the trip as well and she taught me how to cook real Mexican salsa and carne asada burritos! We went to the Zoo and Temple Square. It was such a great visit and I am so glad they contacted me and came to visit. Their visit reminded me of all the wonderful times I had as a missionary. I am so thankful to know them and have the gospel as our bond. They are a wonderful family, we are planning a trip to Oregon with them to visit the Roloff's farm (we are all big fans).

Here is Vanessa and Alexa at the zoo with their wacky animal hats.


Here is the group of us outside of the zoo.


Here is Velma and Iggy at the zoo.


Here is Gina carrying my purse that is almost bigger than her at Temple Square.


Everyone is enjoying the reflection pond.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily and Aaron Carter said...

What an awesome experience! I've been thinking about the mission so much lately. Especially with the mission reunion coming up (that we can't go to). I'm glad you got to hang out with this family. They seem wonderful.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home