Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gifts of the Magi

My favorite Christmas story is Gifs of the Magi by O. Henri. Last year Colin and I read this story together on our 1st married christmas eve sitting in our 2 bedroom (tiny) basement apartment that had carpet in the bathroom and kitchen (not to mention the rest of the entire house). We had a christmas bush for a tree with beautiful twinkle lights sparkling that warmed our little family room. And although we were poor newly weds (and still are, might I add, poor) it was one my most cherished christmases because we had each other. It never matters how much stuff you have, how big your home is or how beautiful your tree and decorations are. Christmas is about putting the needs of the ones you love before your own, "of all who give and receive gifts, such as they are wisest...they are the magi"
I am so thankful to have such loving family and friends. I am especially grateful for my wonderful husband who, like Jim, is so selfless and has my best interest at heart at all times.
I look forward to reading this story again together this christmas eve and every year after.
Merry Christmas to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home