Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"I Always Get There", San Diego, 2008



Laughter is an instant vacation  ~Milton Berle



Last weekend I met up with 6 of my best friends in San Diego for the most fun weekend ever! I haven't laughed so hard and stayed up so late talking in so long. Everyone came from different places all over the country; Em, from Sacramento, Mel, from Seattle, Lauren and her cute baby, from Texas, Susie, from North Carolina, then Tari, Mindy and I from Salt Lake. We all arrived at various times on Thursday and stayed up talking until ~3am (4am in SLC, I was so tired, but it was so worth it). Then on Friday morning, after breakfast, we went to Pacific Grove to play at the beach. The beach was beautiful and the waves were big and so fun to play in. For lunch we had In N' Out burger, if you haven't eaten there it is not worth missing. Later that night we walked around Old Town San Diego. Saturday we went to Coronada island, which is beautiful. We rented bikes and rode around the island. On the route we saw a crepe and gelato shop so we stopped in for lunch. After lunch we hung out the beach. Later that night we went out to dinner at a great place that was right on the water and we could the San Diego cityscape from our table. As we were finishing up dinner there was a firework show in the distance which was great to watch. On Sunday we all went our seperate ways. Although I was so happy to see my hubby again and glad to be home I miss being with all my best friends! We have promised to get together every 2 years, so in 2010 we are talking about doing a cruise! I can't wait!


Lauren and Em 
Susie, Mel, Me
Tari and Mind

Susie, Tari, Em, Me
Hanging out at the hotel
Tari, Em, Susie
Mel, Mind, Lauren, Aubrey, Me
Our matching white PT cruises 
Coronado beach
Mind, Mel, Tari, Me  in the lobby
View of San Diego from Coronado island while on our bike ride

7 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Sigh, great re-cap Mand. That was so much fun I still feel so wistful when I think about it. I can't wait until 2010 or '11. For real. I bet it will happen Jan. 2011 because there will be too many babies 2010.

We can't think about how far away it is or else we'll go crazy! I love that picture of the San Diego skyline from Coronado.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Emily and Aaron Carter said...

I love this post! It is a perfect summary of our awesome weekend. I think I might just borrow what you wrote for my post...
Miss you! Can't wait for our cruise!
PS My mom is in Utah-you should try to see her.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Tari said...

I feel like it's too soon. I still miss San Diego and all of you guys so much! I find myself staring aimlessly at PT Cruisers on the freeway.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

All I can do is sigh when I think of San Diego. I hope by the time the cruise is over I get sick of all of you, instead of so depressed to be home again. Wait, husbands are going right? Yeah, thats not going to be a problem then.


hehe.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Andrea Hale said...

How fun! You girls all look so cute! That must have been nice for a girls weekend out. :)

9:04 PM  
Blogger S said...

San Diego for LIFE!
Or at least for that weekend. How about when Mel's husband makes that 200 grand, instead of dinner she pays for us all to fly out to SD again! It will be a special spot. And then, if any one ever wants to run away from home, she'll go there, and when I've disappeared, you'll all know where I am, and you'll "fly out to NC" to help look for me, but you'll actually all just fly out to SD and we'll have fun again. I'm totally willing to fake my abduction (a la Runaway bride in Florida- do I really need to reference that news story for you people?!) if that's what it takes...anyone?

7:14 PM  
Blogger With love from the Alvarez family said...

so close to yuma and not even a phone call! were only 3 hrs away ya know lol! I hope you guys had an awesome time!

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home