Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Its been a while...

Sorry for the lack of a post lately, our life has been out-of-control busy! Here is the summary.

July 19th, 2008 - Bryce Canyon Marathon

I completed my first half marathon in 2 hours and 30 mins (not the greatest time to some, but I am excited that I finished). I ran with my dad, my little sister Kacy, my friend Buffy from nursing school and Tracey, Mike's girlfriend. Things I would do differently next year when I run it again (so is the plan, anyway); I will not try to train for a marathon while in nursing school (big mistake), train better and do a few 11-12 mile runs before the race, get a better nights sleep the night before the race, eat something in the morning of the race like a bagel or powerbar and not eat Gu during the race (it gave me the worst stomach ache, which was quite distracting while I was running). Overall it was really fun and I can't wait to do it again.

August 1st, 2008 - BSN

As of 3 pm, August 1st, I officially graduated nursing school!!!!! I am so happy to be done. Although the past 16 months have been nothing but nursing school it has been so worth it and I am so grateful that I had the support to accomplish the goal I set out 3 years prior to do! I will be working at the NBICU at the U of U. I will take the NCLEX sometime in Sept/Oct so I still have to study but at least no more homework!!!

August 7th, 2008 - Move

Grandma's house sold and we had to be out by the 7th. We spent what was supposed to be my vacation (shopping, lying around reading books and watching movies while eating chocolate) week after graduation packing up the house and moving in with my dad and sister. We are living with my dad temporarily while we are house hunting. We have been looking in Heber City /Midway. We are hoping to become real adults as soon as we find a house we like. For now we will just enjoy not paying rent and for me borrowing all of my sisters cute clothes and makeup!

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily and Aaron Carter said...

Yea! I'm so excited for you that you made it through Nursing School. That is such a huge accompishment, not to mention the half marathon. Did you know I still can't run a mile straight? Pathetic, I know.
I didn't know you were living with your dad. It's nice that he's so close so that you can do that. You guys are looking for a house, you mean, to buy? I can't even imagine house hunting but I hope you find something perfect. Can't wait to see you in 2 days!

4:06 PM  
Blogger With love from the Alvarez family said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:33 PM  
Blogger With love from the Alvarez family said...

congrats!!!! on graduating nursing school!were so proud of you!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home