Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I PASSED!!!

Today I found out that I passed my NCLEX!!!  It was 8am, I was upstairs washing my hands when Colin came in to tell me to come look at something.  His eyes were swelled up with tears.  I thought to myself "Oh no, this is not good.  He must have found out that I failed".  He told me to come look at the computer, he didn't even crack a smile!  Scared out of my mind I looked at the computer screen and saw my name and license to practice as an RN was active!  I PASSED!  I threw my arms around Colin and we cried a good cry; tears of joy and praise.   I can't believe he didn't even crack a smile!  We immediately got down on our knees to show our gratitude to God for hearing and answering our endless prayers.
 
This has not come easy or without preparation, great anxiety, stress and effort.  I am relieved, grateful, exhausted from the mental preparation, my faith has been tried and strengthened and now I get to focus on healing the bleeding ulcer I have developed from all the stress (okay, so I don't have a bleeding ulcer but it sure felt like I did).  

This whole NCLEX experience has reminded me of many things.
One, my mother's words, "since when is anything handed to us on a silver platter?  We have to work for what we want".  I forgot that the first time around.
Two, work, study, and be diligent having faith that the Lord will make up the difference.  
Three, the Lord hears and answers prayers!  In 3 Nephi 18:20 "And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you" Believe and pray like crazy!
Four, trials are God's way of reminding us to rely on Him.  He will take care of us.
Fifth, I have been blessed with such a loving, supportive and faithful husband as well as an entire family of moms, dads, brothers, sisters and dear friends who have fasted, prayed and encouraged me.   I am so grateful for their faith and support.



6 Comments:

Blogger Emily and Aaron Carter said...

WAhoo! Way to go Mandy! What a relief! I'm so proud of you-you are a licensed RN!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Yeah Mandy! Great job!

2:55 PM  
Blogger S said...

Congratulations! You're amazing! It wasn't God at all, it was all YOU. Just joking, i feel blasphemous joking about that!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

That's so great, Mand. You are awesome- way to go!!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger With love from the Alvarez family said...

Yea! That is amazing. we knew that you could do it! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! MY MOM SAID CONGRATS TOO!!!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Christensen's said...

That is awesome! Congrats!!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home