Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I saw daddy...

KISSING SANTA CLAUS!







Christmas 2009 has come and gone so quickly. We had a nice Christmas besides the fact that I had to work on Christmas eve night so I was exhausted for Christmas day festivities.

The week before Christmas we spent in St. George with the Thomas family. We went and saw the Forgotten Carols, did a session in the St. George temple, ate a lot, spent a day sight-seeing/shopping in Las Vegas then ate at Cheesecake Factory for Beth's birthday, I watched Colin and his brothers play the Wii and watch a lot of football, played some Rummikub with Beth and Brian, slept in, went to see Invictus, ate at Coldstone and finished Christmas shopping. I really wanted to dip into the heated pool but was pretty sure my swimsuit wouldn't fit and didn't want to torment anyone with the sight of a pregnant women not fully dressed. So I was content with sitting out but Colin and his brothers dipped into the hot tube a few times. We had a great time and I was especially glad that Colin got to spend some quality time with his family before the baby comes.



We got home from St. George on Christmas eve day just enough time to pick-up Jonas from my dad's (who was kind enough to watch him while we were gone), head home, squeeze in a little nap before my 12-hour night shift. I went to work and Colin went with his family to John and Cina's (Colin's uncle & aunt) house for Christmas eve dinner. The next morning I met Colin at my dad's for Christmas brunch and presents. I was able to get 2 1/2 hours of sleep before the festivities began (not enough). We had waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage etc. Then opened presents. My mom & Sal were there too. After all the commotion was over I needed to go back to sleep because I was supposed to work Christmas day night shift as well but before my nap I got called-off! What a Christmas miracle! I didn't have to work that shift but it still counted towards next year so a double bonus. I didn't have to go in this year but it counts that I worked it so that next year I don't have to go in Christmas eve day/night or Christmas day/night! I get to spend all Christmas at home next year with our daughter! So happy.







Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

4 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Mandy! You got that little sleep while you're so pregnant? You must have been exhausted! How does your body not just collapse in the middle of a shift?! Or at the end of a shift?! I hope you get a looooong maternity leave!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I like your coat. I don't have one yet and I'm freezing (even in CA). Looks like you had a fun time. Sleep is sometimes over rated.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

You're amazing that you can do those shifts, really. You'll be better equipped than most to deal with those sleepless nights with your newborn.

That little girl outfit is cute! It's really cool how you can have family get togethers with both your mom and dad in the same room. I'm glad you had a good Christmas! I hope the baby comes when you're all ready, and not a moment later. Waiting is no fun. If you do have to wait though, enjoy it (that's something I'm not very good at doing). :)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Emily and Aaron Carter said...

What a great Christmas! I've been thinking about you a lot, wondering how you are feeling. I hope you are hanging in there. I'm sad thinking about how I don't know when I will even meet little girl Thomas. I hope you will post millions of pictures!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home