Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Eliza

Eliza Kate Thomas
February 2, 2010 at 3:30pm
7 lbs. 4.6 oz
20 inches long

We have been home from the hospital almost 48 hours. It is a whirlwind but the most beautiful experience. Being a parent has felt so natural for both of us and it is so amazing. Colin is the most wonderful daddy and couldn't be more in love with his daughter. He is so sweet with her and she loves to stare at him when he talks to her. He always tells her how perfect and beautiful she is - it melts my heart.

Eliza is a great eater and we are so happy that my milk is finally in. Breastfeeding is an adjustment but is such a special time for us and I think she is so cute when she is rooting around, she is my little, adorable leech! She did develop jaundice and is our "yellow baby". But her bili level is going down and we have had her on a bili blanket since the day she got home from the hospital which has helped. Now that my milk is in she can start getting food through her system and begin getting rid of the excess bili through her poop. We did have to supplement her feedings a little bit yesterday just to get things moving through her system but I would breastfeed for 30 mins still then give her some bottle. It did help get things get going and the doctor said that her bili was good enough today that we don't need to supplement anymore especially since my milk is in. We go back to the doctor on Monday morning for another check so hopefully she can keep eating and pooping! Colin and I are thrilled when she poops - awe we'll change our minds in a few months I am sure, haha! She loves to be cuddled and I can't get enough of kissing her adorable cheeks! She is a very alert baby and has had some beginnings of smiles! She even has been lifting her head up and around so she has some good, strong neck muscles.

We have had lots of visitors in the hospital and at home and it has been fun. My mom has been here which has been really nice because she has been taking care of all the meals, cleaning, helping with Eliza and helping Colin and I get our rest. I am feeling better from the delivery but still quite sore and slow. I am also exhausted but I have good support in my hubby and mom as I am on the mend.

I will post more of the labor and birth story soon. Also, more pictures coming soon! Thanks for all of your love and well wishes!

some hospital pictures







4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Eve's calling to be the 'mother of all living' would be painful in the pregnancy, delivery, and nurturing of her offspring. However it would also allow her to serve as a partner with God (and her husband) in the creation of life. Through the Fall, Eve had been endowed with one of God's geatest gifts to mortals -- the power of creation." So wrote Alonzo L. Gaskill. And when I read it, just after Colin phoned earlier this week, I knew you were a true servant and follower of Eve. thank you for sharing. Bless you all. Great Grandpa Bill

3:11 PM  
Blogger S said...

I love her name and cheeks!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Emily and Aaron Carter said...

She is so precious! Don't you just want to eat those cheeks up?! I can't wait to get the full story. She is so lucky to have you two as parents!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

hi mandy- i'm ashley earnshaw's (now crosby) sister, and i was following your IVF blog. i am pregnant with twins after two tries of IVF. my sister-in-law just found out that she, too, will need to do IVF in order to get pregnant, and is interested in getting a grant to do so. i was wondering if i could give you her email address, and maybe you could give her some helpful tips about the grant process. anyway, my email is: ecsoelberg@gmailcom. i am glad your pregnancy and delivery went well and that you now have a beautiful little girl! i am due may 12 and can't wait to see my little girl and boy! thanks! camille soelberg

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home