Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Here we go...

As if raising a baby, working part-time nights as a nurse and trying to keep up with life (taking care of my household, my hubby, myself) is not enough I thought it would be fun to go back to school! Why not? This is my 1st week back at school and to be honest I am so excited! It is a huge milestone for me, one I never thought I'd be doing . I am going back to get my doctorate in nursing. I will be a midwife (the real kind, the kind that doesn't do homebirths and is actually allowed to work in a hospital) and a women's health nurse practitioner. Everything has fallen into place and I am grateful to have this opportunity and to have such a supportive husband. He has always wanted me to do this even when I was unsure, so its awesome. For the record though, after this I am done with school, for reals!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

That's great Mand! Good luck!

6:19 AM  
Blogger S said...

HOLY COW Mandy! You go girl! I don't know how you're doing it all but I think that's amazing and that's what I've always wanted to do (become a PA or nurse practitioner). And that's so cool you'll be a midwife. You'll know everything and be able to answer everyone's questions all the time. Good luck and I really want to know how you do it all!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Christensen's said...

Wow, you are the woman! Great news! Good luck with keeping your life straight :) Sounds like an awesome profession to choose!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Nycole said...

Just caught up on your summer! I can't believe how old these little girls are getting! Eliza is just gorgeous! Those eyes! Glad all is well, hope Colin is doing good, and congrats on school!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

That's so awesome, Mand! I just think that is so cool. Way to go!

10:58 AM  
Blogger With love from the Alvarez family said...

Impressive! You are so amazing. Eliza is growing up to be beautiful.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home