Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Last night Eliza woke up crying and saying "mama, mama" (music to my ears). I grabbed her and put her in bed with us. Normally in the past if I try to have her sleep with us she decides it is play time. But last night she fell right asleep in between us. Needless to say it was not a good night sleep, Eliza is quite the wiggle worm. Colin and I were laughing about how she took over the bed. But as miserable as that sleep was I loved it! I just love that little girl, I sure love her dad and am so grateful for those two. And then I saw this quote and it made me cry because I do not want these precious moments to ever end, I know they will one day but for right now I am just enjoying the lack of sleep, the messy house, the crazy but wonderful life of being a mother to an almost 2 year old, may it not pass too quickly.

"For just a few years in a whole lifetime, there is that brief window to tenderly raise and enjoy the individuals who will be the most important to us throughout eternity. If we wish away the moments, they will be gone. The things we have wanted to leave, the mess, the noise, the obligations will be gone, but so will the children! This is true of every moment of life. If we do not see its joys, if we do not make the most of it, it will pass - and so will its opportunities."

4 Comments:

Blogger renee' said...

Love that messy face and love these tender moments that life affords us. This quote is perfect! I am working on getting my blog put into a book and was just thinking that I needed a quote about family at the front of it. This is EXACTLY the quote I needed and it's so true....

10:13 AM  
Blogger Christensen's said...

That has to be one of the cutest pudding faces I have seen!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Grandpa Bill said...

Awesome. All of it.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

She is so freaking cute.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home