Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Friday, January 06, 2012

2012!

I am so behind on blogging and have too many cute pictures of our growing, adorable Eliza that I will post! 2011 was a great year and as we enjoyed good health, especially Colin has done so well, Eliza turned 1, we have crossed-off several of our home improvement desires, I started graduate school and live to tell. Life has been full and happy and we are so grateful for such a productive and healthy year.

This year Eliza will turn 2, Colin and I will celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary, we hope to go on a vacation this summer to somewhere warm and beachy (our top choice is New England somewhere so we can eat lots of fresh lobster, but we are thinking of going to San Diego to play on the beach and take Eliza to the zoo), I will be half-way done with graduate school (at the end of the year) and we hope to get pregnant this year with baby #2 and #3 (hoping for twins!).

I have lots of goals this year, I LOVE GOALS! I love being productive and although it drives Colin crazy sometimes (we get one thing done and I am on to the next) he is my biggest supporter! Among my many goals; saving money, being resourceful and using what I have more, finish up some more home projects, read the Book of Mormon by June, lose weight (the story of my life), perfect the sugar cookie and the chocolate chip cookie (and this is why I can't lose weight), make a photo recipe book, spend time with my family and enjoy each stage of Eliza's life (which I do!), get pregnant, learn as much as I can in school and enjoy the process and be grateful for the opportunity to be a student and my BIGGEST and MOST IMPORTANT personal goal is to learn the art of being content.

My biggest challenge is that I like to always feel like I am progressing and being productive. This is not a bad thing however it would be wise for me to slow down sometimes and just enjoy! JUST ENJOY! My dad is building a house in "the country" and Eliza, Jonas and I went with my dad to visit the construction. It looks beautiful and sits on 5 acres of beautiful county land. Eliza and Jonas were loving the freedom of running around, looking at the horses and the rocks and the stream. As the sun was shining its warmth on us and my daughter was happily running around with the dog I had this moment of pure CONTENTMENT, time stood still. Nothing else mattered but the fact that this moment was perfection and bliss, I was so happy. I realized I need to have more of these moments in 2012, and create a life of happiness, freedom, exploration and learning for my family. I don't want to be so busy that I don't have time to let my child enjoy running down the country road with the dog just enjoying her ability to run and explore! Her happiness fills me with happiness.

I look forward to this new year as I strive to learn how to be CONTENT and JUST ENJOY all that God has given me because I truly am so blessed to have Colin & Eliza and such a large and loving extended family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily and Aaron Carter said...

I've been wondering about how you've been doing lately, sorry I didn't actually pick up the phone and call! It was a great 2011 and sounds like it's bound to be a great 2012! So many great goals and plans, I hope you'll blog them! :)

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Grandpa Bill said...

Content? I have a hard time putting together your hopes and plans with any definition of "content" that means sitting still and watching the sun set over the hills. But it's gonna be your life so you get to define it. Lots of GOOD luck. Grandpa Bill.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home