Colin, Mandy, and Eliza

This site is for us to keep you informed of what we feel like sharing.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My baby is going to be 2 years old next week! I can't believe it! She is still so little but it seems like yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital. I found this little poem somewhere in cyberland and thought it was so cute. It made me think about those first few months when all I did was hold my sweet, little girl. Now, I am lucky if she snuggles more than 2 minutes.

Mother, O' Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth.
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek - peekaboo.
The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew,
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo.
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton




3 Comments:

Blogger Nycole said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Seriously. I don't throw that word around lightly, either. She's gorgeous, and she looks like she has such a fun personality, too! Way to go!!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Brekke said...

The perfect poem. Two-year olds can be fun.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing!! I love the poem, and your darling daughter is lovely. All the best to you and your family!
PS- the poem has inspired an article from me, if I use it, I will reference your blog :)
Sareh Donaher

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home